About Me

My photo
Fredonia, New York, United States
So...I work at NOPL@NS! It's a good place. I like it. I attend SUNY Fredonia for Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, and Business Administration. I know, I got my hands full. It's alot of fun though, not the best place but I love the courses. I'd like to think I'm a decent, 'normal' college kid. Just trying to get through life the best I can for now.

8.19.2010

Vampires suck? The movie?

This new movie came out that most of you have probably heard of. It's called Vampires Suck and it's a parody on the Twilight Saga. I haven't seen it yet but the previews to it look really funny and from what I hear so far, the previews give it no justice! This is not what this specific post is going to mostly be about. It will of course be about vammpires because that's been a long time coming, but it won't focus on that movie. More on the Twilight series than anything else.

At the begining of the summer I decided to read the Twilight series so I can no longer be a hypocrite and finally have some sort of backing as to why it is a sucky series. I was able to make it through the first three in the series but I couldn't finish Breaking Dawn. It dragged on way to much, so I just skipped to the Eclipse novella, The Short Second life of Bree Tanner. It was well written unlike the other books. It is an idiotic idea that the vampires in these books sparkle in the sun like diamonds though. This made me think...are they all like this?

I went on to read Insatiable by Meg Cabot which is a really good book. The writing is pretty good, a lot better than Stephenie Meyers in my opinion. In this book, the vampires don't sparkle. They can turn into mist to get into places that have been made holy. Being splashed with holy water and stabbed in the heart is how these vamps get destroyed.

Another book I read was Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. In this book, vampires are destroyed by having their heads cut off, usually in a pretty violent matter.

These different books lead me to wonder where the authors are coming up with these ideas. Some of them are decent and 'normal' ideas, like beheading. But...sparkling like diamonds and turning into mist is a rather obnoxious idea even for a fiction story. I plan to read Dracula by Bram Stoker at some point in the near future in hopes that that tale sounds a little more 'realistic'.

No comments:

Post a Comment